Side Event Documents
30 July 2018
Forum on Global Geospatial Information Management "Strengthening national geospatial information management, systems and infrastructure"
Segment : Global Definition of Settlement and Cities
- The Integrated Geospatial Information Framework - an overview, Mr. Tim Trainor
- Action Plan for Geospatial Information Management, Mr. Peter ter Haar
- Global Framework: Implementation, Ms. Kathrine Kelm
- African Action Plan on Global Geospatial Information Management 2016 - 2030, Mr. Andre Nonguierma
Subcommittee on Geodesy Side Event "Global Geodetic Reference Frame"
- Progress on the proposed five-year education, training and capacity building implementation plan, Ms. Allison Craddock
- Governance position paper, Mr. Dag Høgvard &
- Reality on the ground: case study and challenges, Mr. Sergio Cimbaro
- Danger in degradation of the GGRF, Mr. Zuheir Altamimi
- Review of Progress to date, Ms. Carol Agius and Ms. Clare Hadley
- Fundamental geospatial data themes, Mr. Mark Iliffe
- Second Administrative Level Boundaries (SALB), Mr. Guillaume Le Sourd
Marine Geospatial Information "Maritime limits and boundaries"
- WG on Marine Geospatial Information, Mr. John Nyberg
- Making official information about maritime limits and boundaries digitally available, Mr. Mathias Jonas
- Delivering legal certainty for electronic marine spatial data, Mr. Stuart Minchin
- MarinaCadastre.gov - an Ocean of Information, Mr. John Nyberg
- Welcome and Opening Remarks, Prof. Abbas Rajabifard
- Accounting for a dynamic planet: GNSS, precise positioning and dynamic datums, Dr. Stuart Minchin
- How a global framework on land administration can contribute to achieve the SDGs, Mr. Kees de Zeeuw
- Developing the Brainware for SDI, Mr. Josef Strobl
- Geospatial data science for urban resilience: challenges and opportunities, Ms. Monica Wachowicz
- Mapping SDG interactions for cities, Ms. Maryann Rabiee
Panel discussion: International Organisation Perspective
- Developing a governance framework, Prof. Joep Crompvoets
- What do we see?, Prof. Menno-Jan Kraak
- Improving resilience and resilience impact of national land and geospatial systems, Mr. Alvaro Barra
- Towards more resilient cities, Prof. Tom Veldkamp
Panel discussion: Legal and Organizational Perspectives
- Future plan a way forward, Prof. Abbas Rajabifard
Expert Group on Land Administration and Management Side Event "The SDGs Connectivity Dilemma: Urban Settlements, Resilience and Sustainability"
- WG on legal and policy frameworks - summary of use carousel, Mr. Kevin Pomfret
- Drones, privacy & national security, Ms. Diana Marina Cooper
- Opportunities and obastacles for enabling the use of geospatial applications, Ms. Krystal Wilson
- The importance of cooperation between different professions and authorities. The role of the lawyer, Mr. Tomas Öhrn
Segment : Integrated Geospatial Information Framework
WG-Global Fundamental Geospatial Data Themes Side Event "Fundamental Data Themes - Where Next?"
Academic Network "The SDGs Connectivity Dilemma: Urban Settlements"
Session 1: Strategic Pathways to Improve the Achievement of the SDGs in the Context of Urban Resilience
Session 2: Requirements and Enabling Tools for Implementing the SDGs in Urban Settings
WG-Legal and Policy Frameworks Side Event "Availability and accessibility of geospatial information"
31 July 2018
EG - Integration of Statistical and Geospatial Information/Open Geospatial Consortium Side Event "The Integration of Statistical and Geospatial Information"
- Introduction, Mr. Martin Brady
- Program for the the side event, Mr. Martin Brady
- OGC standards and the statistical community, Mr. Ian Coady
- Global Statistical Geospatial Framework (GSGF)-update, Mr. Martin Brady
- Principle 2, Mr. Martin Brady
- Statistical and Geospatial Interoperability, Mr. Ekkerhard Petri
- Statistical and geospatial data and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Ms. Paloma Merodio
- Regional Initiatives in Statistical Geospatial Integration Frameworks, Mr. Alvaro Monett
The SDG Data Hubs
- A Federated Information System for the SDGs, Ms. Francesca Perucci
- Ireland's UN SDG Data Hub, Ms. Lorraine McNerney
- Introduction, Mr. Steven Hagan
- Private Sector Network
- Land administration: best practices, innovations and cooperations, Prof. Dr. Dieter Fritsch
- Arctic SDI, Mr. Arvo Kokkonen/Mr. Kevin T. Gallagher
- Introduction, Ms. Christina Wasström/Ms. Denise McKenzie/Mr. Chris Body