In pursuance of the objectives of setting the agenda for global geospatial information management to address key global challenges and providing a platform for the development of effective strategies and mechanisms on how to develop and strengthen national capacity on integrated geospatial information, the Committee of Experts has created several functional groups. These groups focus on progressing the work items and following up on decisions adopted at the annual session.
1. Working Group on Geospatial Information and Services for Disasters
2. Working Group on Policy and Legal Frameworks for Geospatial Information Management
3. Working Group on Marine Geospatial Information
Past Working Groups
1. Working Group on Development of a Statement of Shared Principles for the Management of Geospatial Information
2. Working Group on Trends in National Institutional Arrangements in Geospatial Information Management
3. Working Group on Global Fundamental Geospatial Data Themes