The Second Meeting of the United Nations Subcommittee on Geodesy (SCoG) was convened in Deqing, Zhejiang Province, China on 22 to 23 November 2018 in room E308 in the Exhibition Centre. The meeting followed the United Nations World Geospatial Information Congress that was held from 19 -21 November 2018.
The SCoG was attended by 24 participants from 14 Member States, international professional organizations, industry and academia. On Thursday morning 09:00am - 12:30pm the SCoG had a closed business meeting for its members and observers and from Thursday afternoon thru to Friday the meeting was open for all other interested persons to attend.
In accordance with its terms of reference, the objective of SCoG's second meeting was to discuss, deliberate and collectively work through issues of importance to SCoG.
The following matters were addressed:
- the recommendations and actions in the Road Map Implementation Plan and the Governance Position Paper;
- education Training and Capacity Building;
- technical considerations - spectrum management of geodetic sites, VGOS, and ITRS/ITRF;
- plans for outreach and communication and,
- the role of regional working groups on geodesy and strengthening ties and arrangements between SCoG and the Regional Committee of UN-GGIM Asia-Pacific's working group 1 on Geodesy.
Details on the meeting discussions, outcomes and next steps are available in the full report of the meeting.