Parallel Session : Sustainable Development in Action
"Natural Resources Management Underpinned by Geospatial Information"
- Tuesday, 20 November 2018
- 14:00 – 15:30
E302, Exhibition Center
This session will share and exchange good practices and experience in natural resources management and uses of geospatial data and technology in the process in different countries, and discuss how geospatial data and technology can best be used for natural resources management and implementation of sustainable development. Natural resources are the foundation for achieving sustainable development. Good management and utilization of natural resources is an important responsibility of the governments of all countries. Geospatial data and technology can provide fundamental and effective tools for the evidence-based management of natural resources, and support integrated surveys, unified registration, dynamic monitoring, scientific evaluation, as well as rational planning, development and governance of natural resources. Developed countries have established sound natural resources management systems, while developing countries are starting to take steps.
Dr. Andy Barnicoat, Geoscience Australia, Australia
- Prof. Dr. Hasanuddin Z. Abidin, Geospatial Information Agency, Indonesia
- Dr. Michael Tischler, United States Geological Survey, USA
- Mr. Claudio Anjari B., Valparaiso's Regional Comissión for the National System of Territorial Information, Regional Government of Valparaíso, Chile
- Ms. Jia Wenjue, Ministry of Natural Resources, China
Dr. Li Pengde, Ministry of Natural Resources, China