Parallel Session : Smart, Resilient and Sustainable Societies
"Bringing New Ideas to Plan Sustainable Societies"
- Tuesday, 20 November 2018
- 14:00 – 15:30
E305, Exhibition Center
This session is a collection of innovative approaches and new ideas to plan sustainable societies. Topics offer a window into new ideas and proven approaches in addressing the needs of sustainable societies. The session includes "Big Geospatial Data and Intelligent GIServices" that presents state-of-the-art technologies and capacity building strategies for conducting research, education, and practices on big geospatial data management, analytics, intelligent services. A presentation focuses on virtual reality-based experiments on crowd evacuation that applies to disaster planning and management. A presentation on drones for sustainable development presents case studies on the benefits of this growing technology and how it can contribute to the needs of the geospatial community.
Mr. Peng Yue, Wuhan University
- Ms. Danielle Ziebelin, Universite Grenoble Alpes
- Mr. Liping Di, George Mason University
- Mr. Jianya Gong, Wuhan University
- Mr. Vincent Chuang Tao, Z ventures group
- Mr. Gong Jianhua, Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth, CAS
- Ms. Caroline Gevaert, World Bank
Mr. Tomaz Petek, Surveying and Mapping Authority of the Republic of Slovenia, Slovenia