Parallel Session : Sustainable Development in Action
"Geospatial Information for Urban Sustainable Development"
- Monday, 19 November 2018
- 11:30 – 13:00
E302, Exhibition Center
The session provides an overview of the urban SDG indicators that require geospatial information and the methodological and data challenges. The session will be of interest to decision makers, urban planners, geospatial information researchers, professionals and students, statisticians, and stakeholders. Discussions follow on how geospatial information, together with statistical information, could contribute to measuring and monitoring urban SDG indicators and contribute to poverty alleviation. Demonstration cases in several countries including China and Columbia will be presented. Additional topics include Earth Observations and related geospatial information for monitoring urban SDGs, a look at SDG Indicator 11.3.1 at a global scale and localizing urban SDGs within a global urban centre database.
Mr. Robert Ndugwa, UN-Habitat
- Ms. Yifang Ban, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Mr. Chen Jun, National Geomatics Center of China, China
- Mr. Daniele Ehrlich, European Commission Joint Research Center
- Ms. Wen Zhou, Department of Land and Resources of Guizhou province, China
Prof. Yifang Ban, KTH Royal institute of Technology, Sweden
- Mr. Robert Ndugwa, UN-Habitat