Seminar on the Integration of Statistical and Geospatial Information, co-organized by Statistics Korea, U.S. Census Bureau, Eurostat and the Statistics Division of the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA).
A Thematic Seminar on the Integration of Statistical and Geospatial Information (27 October, Seoul) has looked at best practices to incorporate these two types of data and ensure their efficient use and optimal dissemination.
Seoul, Republic of Korea, 27 October 2011
Documentation for the meeting
- Opening Session
- Mr. Ki-Jong Woo Commissioner, Statistics Korea, Opening Remarks
- Mr. Pedro Díaz Muñoz, Director, Sectoral and Regional Statistics, Eurostat, European Commission, The Added Value of Geospatial Data in a Statistical Office
- Mr. Kyoung-Soo EOM, Chief, United Nations Cartographic Section, Brief Remarks
- Session 1.
- Mr. Adrian Bugg, Head, Industry and Environment Statistics Branch, Australia Bureau Statistics, Australia, "Standards and Data Structures for Statistical Geography"
- Mr. Joe Kresovic, Director, Geography Division, Statistics Canada, Canada, "Standards and Data Structure for Statistical Geography"
- Mr. Mark Cygan, Director of Map, Chart, Data Production and SDI; and Dr. Carmelle Terborgh, Team Lead, Global Affairs and UN Account Manager, Esri, USA, "Standards and Data Structure for Statistical Geography"
- Mr. Luiz Paulo Souto Fortes, PC-IDEA President, Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE), Brazil, "Logistics and Means of Collecting Geo-Coded Statistical Data"
- Session 2.
- Dr. Enrique De Alba Guerra, Vice–President, Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Geografía, Mexico, "Geographic Referencing of Economic Units"
- Mr. Jae Hack AHN, Deputy Director, Geospatial Information Service Team, Statistics Korea, Korea, "SGIS service in Korea"
- Mrs. Nahla Seddik Mohammed Saleh, Engineer in the GIS Department, Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics, Egypt, "Integrating Statistical and Geospatial Information
Issues and Challenges"
- Session 3.
- Mr. Pedro Díaz Muñoz, Director, Sectoral and Regional Statistics, Eurostat, European Commission, "Displaying Integrated or Combined Geospatial and Statistical Data"
- Mr. Mansoor Al Malki, Director, IT Department, Qatar Statistics Authority, Qatar, "Combining Geospatial and Statistical Data for Analysis & Dissemination (with Special Reference to Qatar Census 2010)"
- Mr. Ng Siau Yong, Director, Geospatial Division, Singapore Land Authority, Singapore, "Integrated Geospatial & Statistical Data for Public, Private and People Sectors in Singapore"
Related Document (not presented)
- Expérience du SENEGAL sur l’utilisation des SIG pour la collecte et la diffusion des données d’enquêtes et de recensements