Exchange Forum with Business Leaders on GGIM, co-organized by the Korean National Geographic Information Institute and the Statistics Division of the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA).
An Exchange Forum with Business Leaders (23 October, Seoul) has initiated a discussion between geospatial industry leaders and governmental officials to engage the industry in policy and technology discussions to seek solutions to global socio-economic problems. This meeting has facilitated the involvement of the geospatial industry in the subsequent High Level Forum on GGIM.
Seoul, Republic of Korea, 23 October 2011
Documentation for the meeting
- Session 1 - "Challenges in Geospatial Policy Formulation and Institutional Arrangement"
- Mr. Lawrie Jordan, Director of Imagery, ESRI, "Simple and Accessible Geospatial Programmes"
- Dr. Kumar Navulur, Chief Technology Officer, DigitalGlobe, "Challenges in Geospatial Policy Formulation and Institutional Arrangements – Industry Perspective"
- Mr. Paulo Bezerra, Managing Director, MSS and GSI, MDA, "Maximizing the Utility of Satellite Remote Sensing for the Management of Global Challenges"
- Mr. Luiz Paulo Fortes, Director, IBGE, Brazil, "Challenges in Geospatial Policy Formulation and Programme Management"
- Session 2 - "Developing Common Frameworks and Methodologies"
- Mr. Bryn Fosburgh, Vice President, Trimble Inc., "An Industry Perspective"
- Mr. Steve Hagan, VP, Product Development, Oracle, "Deploying a Geospatial Cloud"
- Dr. Juergen Dold, President, Hexagon Geosystems, Switzerland, "Actionable Information from Dynamic GIS"
- Mr. Sanjay Krishnaa, Vice President–N & CE APAC, Europe & Middle East, Infotech Enterprises Limited, "Developing Common Frameworks and Methodologies"
- Dr. Vanessa Lawrence, Chief Executive, Ordnance Survey of Britain, "Developing Common Frameworks and Methodologies for Great Britain"
- Session 3 - "International Coordination and Cooperation in Meeting Global Needs"
- Mr. Michael Jones, Geospatial Technology Advocate, Google Inc.
- Mr. Arnulf Christi, President, OSGeo, "Transparency Openness Policy"
- Mr. Willy Govender, CEO, DataWorld, South Africa, "International Coordination and Cooperation in Meeting Global Needs"
- Mr. Kyoung-Soo Eom, Chief of Cartographic Section, United Nations, "International Coordination & Cooperation in Meeting Global Needs"
- Mr. Prashant Shukle, Director General, NR Canada, "International Coordination and Cooperation: Leveraging Canada’s Geospatial Data Infrastructure (CGDI) to meet Global Needs"
- Mr. Hwajin Chang, Vice President, Samsung SDS, "Insight for Smart Cooperation in GGIM"
- Session 4 - "Capacity Building and Knowledge Transfer"
- Mr. Todd Oseth, President and CEO, Intermap Technologies, "Metadata: Key in making wise social, economic, and environmental decisions?"
- Prof. Ian Dowman, Editor – Europe, Geospatial World, "Working Together to Build Capacity"
- Mr. Sultan Mohammed, Director General Ethiopian Mapping Agency, "Geospatial Capacity Building & Knowledge Transfer"
- Ms. Aida Opoku-Mensah, Director of ICTs and Science & Technology Division, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, "Capacity Building and Knowledge Transfer - Empowering African Stakeholders in Geospatial Science and Technology"
- Mr. David Stevens, Programme Coordinator, UN-SPIDER, United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs, "Capaciity Building and Knowlledge Transfer"